build failing because of insufficient disk space

David Tardon dtardon at redhat.com
Wed Jan 23 13:49:48 UTC 2013

Hi,

all my attempts to build libreoffice for the past 2 weeks failed because
there was not enough disk space on the builder (actually the last build
that succeeded was libreoffice-4.0.0.0-2.beta1.fc19 on 2012-12-11). F-17
and F-18 builds are fine. Has something happened in Rawhide that makes
the built .o and .so files considerably larger than in F-18? (4.0.0*
build should actually require _less_ space than 3.6.*, because we got
rid of binfilter.) And what can I do about it?

For comparison: the machine that did the last successful rawhide build
had 30 GB of disk space before the build started (at the beginning of
%build section). The machine that could not finish the latest build had
37 GB...

D.