Proposed F19 Feature: Ryu - Network Operating System

Pete Zaitcev zaitcev at redhat.com
Wed Jan 23 16:57:17 UTC 2013

On Wed, 23 Jan 2013 15:25:53 +0000
Jaroslav Reznik <jreznik at redhat.com> wrote:

> Currently, Ryu manages network devices by using OpenFlow. You
> can say that Ryu is an OpenFlow Controller.

I'm just curious about something. Not saying if we need or do not need
Ryu in Fedora, I notice that Ryu attempts to insert itself between
OpenStack and OpenVSwitch (or actually anything that implements OpenFlow).
What's the purpose of adding the layer, and how is it different from
what Quantum is doing now? There has to be some kind of specific benefit.

-- Pete