drop inheritance at f19 branch point?

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Thu Jan 24 02:54:39 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 10:38:30PM +0100, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> On Wed, 23.01.13 14:20, Kevin Fenzi (kevin at scrye.com) wrote:
>
> > I know we have discussed this before, but I've filed a FESCo ticket to
> > ask them one way or another about the issue:
> >
> > https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/1005
> >
> > Feedback welcome. If you are a maintainer who doesn't have a minute to
> > do a rawhide build during the branched cycle, would you be open to
> > someone else doing those builds for you?
>
> Oh, yeah, let's make it even more work to update a package. Because we
> have so much free time, let's let humans do what computers could do
> better.

Except that doing an update for rawhide does cost nearly nothing
compared to the other branches (no bodhi update needs to be created). If
you just update the master branch you can easily let the computer do all
the work to also build for e.g. f18:

for b in master f18; do fedpkg switch-branch $b; git merge master;
git push; fedpkg build --nowait; done

Regards
Till