Proposed F19 Feature: Fedora Upgrade - using yum

drago01 drago01 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 08:21:22 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 11:57 PM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson"
<johannbg at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 01/23/2013 10:55 PM, drago01 wrote:
>>
>> Supporting "none" is not an option.
>

> Really suddenly not an option.
>
> We did that for a long time why is that suddenly not an option so please
> enlighten me why that's not an option.

It was supported as long as fedora exists (and back in RHL days).

> Users are better of keeping /home on a separated partition and re-use it
> with an fresh install

And loose all other configuration, having to reinstall every
application etc etc.

> then those poor attempts to "support" upgrades one way
> or another which at this point in time we cant do

We can and always did.

> since the bits for that
> aren't properly aligned to make that happen...

Works for me ... I always upgrade my systems ...  if it does not work
for you for whatever reason file bugs and don't claim that it is
inherently impossible because isn't.