[rawhide] ideas to improve rawhide

Björn Persson bjorn at xn--rombobjrn-67a.se
Thu Jan 24 14:54:33 UTC 2013

Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> build finishes for f19, lands in a f19-pending
> autoqa runs on the package, if it passes, tag it in to f19
> if it doesn't, mail maintainer/etc about it.
> If there's some compelling reason it has to land, the maintainer can
> override and tag into f19 directly. (and then explain themselves :)

I'm sure the override would happen with every GCC upgrade. The
soname of Libgnat changes with every GCC release, so all the Ada
packages have to be rebuilt in dependency order. It's normally just a
rebuild with no bugfixing, but since it has to be manually started and
monitored it will always take some time. I imagine that quite a few
people would be annoyed if GCC would be delayed while we rebuild the
Ada packages.

Björn Persson