drop inheritance at f19 branch point?

Lennart Poettering mzerqung at 0pointer.de
Thu Jan 24 17:04:29 UTC 2013

On Thu, 24.01.13 08:27, Frank Murphy (frankly3d at gmail.com) wrote:

> On Thu, 24 Jan 2013 04:31:03 +0100
> Lennart Poettering <mzerqung at 0pointer.de> wrote:
> >
> > You know, I really dislike packaging things. I love hacking. If I
> > package something then that's an ugly side effect of what I really
> > want to do. And thus I'd spend as little time on packaging as I
> > can.
>
> Ask for help with the packaging.
> Do what most upstream devs do.
> Write code.

Right, because packagers are a dime a dozen and like to be on call all
the time so that if I want an update I can have one within 15min, right?

The thing is that the build in koji is actually relevant to my
workflow. I want to know if it worked, and I tend to look at the compile
output of the builds quite frequently, for example to check if the archs
i don't work on myself work on compiled correctly or if there is any
compile spew...

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.