Static Analysis: results of FUDcon Lawrence hackfest

David Malcolm dmalcolm at redhat.com
Thu Jan 24 20:56:49 UTC 2013

On Thu, 2013-01-24 at 10:04 -0700, Jerry James wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 9:44 AM, David Malcolm <dmalcolm at redhat.com> wrote:
> > * packaging more static analyzers in Fedora (e.g. has anyone looked at
> > Frama-C ?)
>
> Frama-C has been in Fedora for nearly 3 years now. :-)

Aha!  Thanks - yes, I now see that it's packaged at "frama-c".  I've
updated the StaticAnalysis wiki page accordingly.

Anyone here familiar with it?

> I'm very interested in this topic.  I tried packaging BLAST at one
> point, but ran into insurmountable license problems.

I take it then than BLAST is *not* in Fedora yet?
(BLAST as in the "Berkeley Lazy Abstraction Software Verification Tool"
http://mtc.epfl.ch/software-tools/blast/index-epfl.php , as opposed to
the BLAST the "Basic Local Alignment Search Tool" for genome searching).

> I've considered
> attempting klee once or twice, but it has some build requirements that
> make it hard.  Still, I think klee could be handled with just a few
> tweaks to the llvm spec file....

Dave