Static Analysis: results of FUDcon Lawrence hackfest

Jerry James loganjerry at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 21:11:11 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 1:56 PM, David Malcolm <dmalcolm at redhat.com> wrote:
> Aha!  Thanks - yes, I now see that it's packaged at "frama-c".  I've
> updated the StaticAnalysis wiki page accordingly.
>
> Anyone here familiar with it?

I've done some *very* basic playing around with it, nothing advanced.
I'm still trying to get the entire ACSL spec crammed into my brain so
I can do something useful with it. :-)

> I take it then than BLAST is *not* in Fedora yet?
> (BLAST as in the "Berkeley Lazy Abstraction Software Verification Tool"
> http://mtc.epfl.ch/software-tools/blast/index-epfl.php , as opposed to
> the BLAST the "Basic Local Alignment Search Tool" for genome searching).

It is not, but see http://jjames.fedorapeople.org/blast/ for an
experimental RPM.  If we could get the Vampyre developers to remove
"for research purposes only" from their license, we could get both
Vampyre and BLAST into Fedora.

Note that we also have why and why3 in Fedora, by the way.

Regards,
--
Jerry James
http://www.jamezone.org/