Proposed F19 Feature: systemd/udev Predictable Network Interface Names

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Jan 24 23:17:40 UTC 2013

On Thu, 2013-01-24 at 23:03 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:

> It's best to rip the bandage of this in one release.
>
> The churn from this should have been more or less covered when we
> implement biosdevname so the fallout from this change should be minimal
> if any...

I see the 's' word in there ;)

That's always the hope, and then we meet the cold reality, where someone
just patched 'em1' into everything and hoped that was good enough. But
sure, 'damn the torpedoes' is a viable approach too. I guess I was just
kind of hoping F19 would be a release without yet more churn in the core
system where we could try and stabilize things a bit.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey