Proposed F19 Feature: First-Class Cloud Images

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jan 25 15:32:41 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 09:27:00PM -0800, Adam Williamson wrote:
> >    * The Fedora Koji instance needs to be updated to a future release that
> > will integrate with ImageFactory and Oz from the Aeolus Project. This future
> > release is not implemented yet.
> This sounds a bit hand-wavy. Is there a definite schedule? I love the

Yeah:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/FirstClassCloudImages#Milestones

> concept here, but I'd be worried if it involved a big change in how we
> build cloud images, say, at Beta time.

Well, the current process is that the beta EC2 images are built in Koji if
they happen to build successfully but aren't really announced or promoted,
and the downloadable images are produced outside of the buildsystem
entirely. So we're starting from a pretty low bar.