Proposed F19 Feature: Replace MySQL with MariaDB

Remi Collet Fedora at FamilleCollet.com
Fri Jan 25 19:29:40 UTC 2013

Le 25/01/2013 19:46, Norvald Ryeng a écrit :
> Here's the bug: http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=68182

So, a few questions ?

- why do you publish "community" source tarball with non GPL
documentation inside ?

We need to recreate a "nodocs" tarball for each version, nightmare

Ex : mysql, mysql-workbench, ...

For MW we even need to patch source to remove the local link to the non
GPL documentation (and use online documentation instead)

http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/mysql-workbench.git/plain/mysql-workbench-5.2.45-nodocs.patch

Ex mysql-utilities:

- why do you forget to publish tarball of new release

- why I need to ask on ML on each new release and wait 1-2 weeks ?

- why "mut" man page still install when this have been notified 1 year
ago to upstream (the command is not installed) ?

- why "mysqluc" command still totally broken / unusable despite this
have been notified months ago ?

See gui-tools at lists.mysql.com archives.

- if you don't like fork of MySQL, why do you fork other projects ?
MW include a forked version of vsqlite++
(and AFAIK, upstream is not aware of your changes / need)

And this are only few recent examples...

> We'll try to do better in the future.

Yes, you really need to improve how you consider pakage maintainer.

Remi.

P.S. who have signed the Oracle CLA, and try to work with upstream as
much as possible... but when upstream don't seems to hear you...