Proposed F19 Feature: Fedora Upgrade - using yum

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Sat Jan 26 11:59:56 UTC 2013

Le samedi 26 janvier 2013 à 06:21 +0000, Matthew Garrett a écrit :
> On Sat, Jan 26, 2013 at 02:16:29AM +0100, Michael Scherer wrote:
>
> > Well, slightly bit longer is around 2 to 3h vs 2 to 3 minutes. And I
> > already did version upgrade taking 6 to 8h due to slow internet or slow
> > hard drives, that's IMHO a pretty significant downtime.
>
> fedup does all network activity before reboot, so presumably you're
> talking about some upgrade system other than the currently supported
> one?

You are right, the 6 to 8h is indeed unrelated, this was on a very old
computer, not using fedup, and this was for the download + install part,
just to give a order of magnitude ( heck, i should really refrain from
using evo during the night )

And for the 2 to 3h, I didn't look at the details, it was in the LUG
meeting and the time between I gave the instruction and the time the
person came back to me. While I think the exact time is not important,
let me do a test to have more precise data, so my bad memories do not
muddle the discussion ( as people around me say "depend, maybe 1h, maybe
more" when asked about fedup ).

--
Michael Scherer