BuildRequires for texlive stuff for F18 and beyond

Paulo César Pereira de Andrade paulo.cesar.pereira.de.andrade at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 12:25:23 UTC 2013

2013/1/26 Sérgio Basto <sergio at serjux.com>:

>> Yes. Do this.

  I did split texlive some time ago for Mandriva, and to avoid
dependency problems, what I did was to make the default
install require texlive-scheme-medium, texlive-scheme-xml
texlive-collection-latexextra and texlive-tlpkg.

  There is significantly complex logic in the script to translate
from the texlive metadata to specs, but in the end there were
no dependency problems, other then from time to time people
not happy with installing way more packages than required.

  The script with a lot of quirks and logic to provides for
tetex (no longer used in Mandriva), etc, is:

http://svn.mandriva.com/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/packages/cooker/texlive-tlpkg/current/SOURCES/tlpobj2spec.pl

If only building info docs, the texinfo package was modified
to install minimal dependencies, that is, it has a
requires to texlive-collection-texinfo

>> I think, especially now as this dep tuning is going on, that the first
>> step should be to bring out these "big gun" dependencies like:
>>
>> BuildRequires: texlive-collection-latexextra
>>
>> And get stuff working quickly.
>>
>> After the dust has settled with the transition and deps are even
>> slightly modularized (from the old "latex"), then maybe at a future
>> date the Deps can be investigated with more granularity, and
>> the texlive-collections can be optimized.
>
> For
> /usr/share/doc/VirtualBox-4.2.6/UserManual.pdf
> /usr/share/doc/VirtualBox-4.2.6/UserManual_fr_FR.pdf
>
> I need add
> %if 0%{?fedora} >= 18
> BuildRequires:  doxygen-latex
> BuildRequires:  texlive-collection-fontsrecommended
> BuildRequires:  texlive-ec
> BuildRequires:  texlive-ucs
> BuildRequires:  texlive-tabulary
> BuildRequires:  texlive-fancybox
> %endif
>
> texlive-collection-latexextra seems is not required

  Not for your specific case :-) A generic solution needs it.

  I believe upstream texlive should be made aware of a few
texlive-foo that should be in the base texlive-collection-latex,
becase if I recall correctly, only 2 or 3 are commonly used,
but I am just suggesting something that was in my todo...

> Regards,
> --
> Sérgio M. B.

Paulo