Proposed F19 Feature: Fedora Upgrade - using yum

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Sat Jan 26 18:32:19 UTC 2013

On Jan 26, 2013, at 11:16 AM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:

> Am 26.01.2013 19:09, schrieb Chris Murphy:
>> I just don't see how it's best practices to be doing updates on live processes. This seems sorta like a game to find out just how much one can cheat the upgrade process before the ship will in fact sink.
>
> bullshit
>
> upgraded more than 20 production server from F9 to F18
> with yum without any single problem because the upgrade
> takes around5 minutes and there are no new processes start
> most of the time and the few are nothing critical

I think that's unicorn poop you're talking about. But hey, if you are ninja enough to avoid being cut by machine guns shooting razor blades at you, nice job. But asking other people make you an inflatable raft that can withstand being shot by razor blade shooting machine guns, write documentation for it, test, and support it? I will laugh out loud, and then give you the phone number for my unicorn dealer.

Chris Murphy