Proposed F19 Feature: Replace MySQL with MariaDB

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sat Jan 26 20:18:25 UTC 2013

Am 26.01.2013 21:14, schrieb Rahul Sundaram:
>     a operating systemd / distribution should not built for it's
>     own with the attitude "what does us bother software outside our
>     repos"?
>
>     this NIH syndrome is very very bad
> Both MySQL and MariaDB is available and neither was invented here and either can be used as per your preference.
> When use terms like NIH, make sure they are actually applicable.

seems you did not understand what i said

NIH in context of the distributoon at all not a single package
means the sometimes snappy feedback with any software outside
the repos "we do not care" and there maybe software which works
with mysqld and does not bother for mariadb

and so - this thread is about REPLACE MYSQL