drop inheritance at f19 branch point?

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Sun Jan 27 16:12:22 UTC 2013

On Sat, Jan 26, 2013 at 20:27:55 -0700,
   Orion Poplawski <orion at cora.nwra.com> wrote:

>Doing more than one asks in certain situations sounds bad, but how about:
>
>f<n>: fedpkg build --and-newer
>
>Does:
>
>fedpkg build
>loop:
> fedpkg switch-branch f<n+1> (or master)
> git merge f<n>
> git push
> fedpkg build
> goto loop: unless at master
>
>It could also take --nowait.  If there was an error at any point it
>would abort (assuming git gives some non-zero return codes).

I prefer to do my updates starting at master and working backwards. I am
not sure what the split is for this amoung our developers.

It would be nice to have a check that the merges are all fast forwards. If
not, I am not sure you want this happening automatically.

This is likely to drag change log entries along that don't apply, that might on
rare occasions cause some confusion.