No subject

Sun Jan 27 20:24:00 UTC 2013

of KDE SIG did not support it - it's mainly about resources. And not
only packaging ones, also development (to make sure desktop works on
top of our base system layer - and you know, Fedora is often first)
but documentation (yeah, someone has to write documentation), artwork
and all other teams I forgot to mention (sorry ;-).

Btw. Board is trying to find the way how to avoid that strict=20
"something is default" - do you know based on this definition Compiz
should be part of our default offering [1]?

And the last thing - GNOME is coming with so called "classic" UI -
see GNOME 3.8 feature page (I announced a few minutes ago) [2].

"Fallback mode is going away in 3.8. Instead, there will be a set of
supported extensions that is grouped together in a 'classic' mode,
which provides a more GNOME 2-like user experience"

Same tries Cinnamon but as a fork. Make your own conclusion ;-)

Jaroslav

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Default_offering
[2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Gnome3.8