BuildRequires for texlive stuff for F18 and beyond

Orcan Ogetbil oget.fedora at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 20:35:02 UTC 2013

On Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 3:57 AM, Mario Santagiuliana wrote:
> In data sabato 26 gennaio 2013 23:55:34, Orcan Ogetbil ha scritto:
>> But if I have a .tex file that needs 40 such requirements, I have to
>> go through the above "fix" 40 times. Isn't there a way to launch yum
>> to install all the requirements automatically when I run latex?
>
> I am not an expert of TeX or rpm macro. I hope to not write stupid things.
> For me it is not a good solution try to build the package 40 times to found
> all dependency...
>
> Is it not possible to create an rpm macro that can handle all TeX build
> requirements?
> Maybe this solution is not good because package could require a dependency
> not packaged yet in Fedora, isn't?

My question is more about the basic usage of latex. As a latex user, I
don't want to call yum 40 times just to compile my .tex file.

If it is not easy  (well, why is it difficult?) to make latex launch
yum to install dependencies, maybe we can ship a script to generate
the RPM dependencies, similar to yum-builddep.

Orcan