Proposed F19 Feature: GLIBC 2.17

Florian Weimer fweimer at redhat.com
Mon Jan 28 10:02:31 UTC 2013

> GLIBC 2.17 was released at the end of 2012; we have been closely tracking the
> GLIBC 2.17 development code in Fedora Rawhide and addressing any issues as
> they arise.

The __secure_getenv to secure_getenv renaming need to be reflected in a
few packages (as of Fedora 18):

                    source
  arm-gp2x-linux-glibc-2.3.6-11.fc18.src.rpm
  cadaver-0.23.3-4.fc18.src.rpm
  e2fsprogs-1.42.5-1.fc18.src.rpm
  gcal-3.6.2-3.fc18.src.rpm
  gettext-0.18.1.1-17.fc18.src.rpm
  m4-1.4.16-5.fc18.src.rpm
  octave-3.6.3-2.fc18.2.src.rpm
  openssl-1.0.1c-7.fc18.src.rpm
  popt-1.13-12.fc18.src.rpm
  pspp-0.7.9-2.fc18.src.rpm
  rpm-4.10.2-1.fc18.src.rpm
  systemd-197-1.fc18.1.src.rpm
  util-linux-2.22.1-2.4.fc18.src.rpm
  wget-1.14-3.fc18.src.rpm

Some of these are a bit peculiar, but the e2fsprogs entry is genuine.

See <http://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/Tips_and_Tricks/secure_getenv> for
code snippets to implement in the change in a backwards-compatible
fashion.  Unfortunately, glibc upstream insistent on renaming before
making the symbol official.