Proposed F19 Feature: Cinnamon as Default Desktop

drago01 drago01 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 15:27:40 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 10:14 AM, Sandro Mani <manisandro at gmail.com> wrote:

> Can't we simply re-organize the fedoraproject website in such way that the
> download button points to something similar to the current "More options"
> page, maybe with a small description for each desktop like "easy to use" /
> "feature rich and customizable" / "based on the traditional desktop" / etc
> and possibly sorted by popularity, i.e. number of downloads?
>
> No.

People that know about different desktop are able to find them, but showing
a list of spins to new users that cannot make an informed decision would
just confuse them.

Also this is not supportable we only have 2 "release blocking" desktops
(ones that gets tested and are able to cause a slip) + GNOME is the one
where we have the must resources to support (lots of packagers, upstream
developers etc).