Proposed F19 Feature: Cinnamon as Default Desktop

Gerald Henriksen ghenriks at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 17:49:21 UTC 2013

On Mon, 28 Jan 2013 12:26:14 -0500, you wrote:

>On 01/28/2013 11:56 AM, inode0 wrote:
>> What concerns me isn't that Linus and Alan don't like it.
>
>To be fair Linus (more quietly) went back to GNOME 3 after his initial
>loud complaints. He is still using it since he just posted that he was
>to G+ yesterday.

Which is likely more a statement about how poor the alternatives are
than a change of his views of Gnome 3.

While I wait to see what this new Gnome mode looks like, the choices
facing Linux users aren't great - either the desktop has gone off on
strange path (Gnome-shell), simply don't like (KDE) or lacks the
developer base to provide a suitable experience.