how reload udev rules and systemd on F18

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Tue Jan 29 00:42:28 UTC 2013

Am 29.01.2013 00:50, schrieb Kay Sievers:
> It is completely wrong to ever do that and to restart udev or other
> essential sevices from packages. No package besides udev itself is
> allowed to do restart these services

and not only in the context of udev

it is GENERALLY wrong
it is wrong to restart httpd
it is wrong to restart mysqld

it is GENERALLY wrong to cripple this in any fedora package
instead AT LEAST have this controlled by a global setting

what do packagers imagine to happen by restart mysqld on machines
where a lot of services depend on mysqld.service and randomly
failing while the admin is EXACTLY knowing what he is doing
and which services in which order he has to restart to get
a new mysqld, httpd whatever version actibe?

and yes, this is one reason i have to rebuild a lot of packages
at my own to get rid of this completly wrong behavior breaking
randomly stuff in a uncontrollable way