Proposed F19 Feature: NFStest

Steve Dickson SteveD at redhat.com
Tue Jan 29 14:32:14 UTC 2013

Hello,

On 24/01/13 12:33, Paul Wouters wrote:
> For libreswan we use a system that generates various VM images using a
> network install and libvirt, and then fires off multiple VMs, login in
> over serial, and run various tests and output. Then we compare the
> output with known good output. This includes a tcpdump of the network.
> Additionally, we use 9p filesystem mounts to install updated versions
> and read/write configs/logs, so we can still access binaries and write
> logs even if IPsec has hosed full network connectivity.
Ok... that sounds good... but what does that have to do with testing
the NFS 4.0 and 4.1 protocol? Granted I know nothing about libreswan
other than I just read in the libreswan-3.0/README, but just don't
see how libreswan fits in...

Note, NFStest is a set of python scripts that explicitly tests the NFS
v4.0 and v4.1 protocol by sending packets and then analysing the network
traffic to make sure the correct protocol is being followed.

So, again, I just don't see how an IPsec implementation would help
with that.

steved.