Proposed F19 Feature: New firstboot

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Tue Jan 29 18:35:07 UTC 2013

On Jan 29, 2013, at 10:39 AM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" <johannbg at gmail.com> wrote something about learning to read like the rest of the world.

Indeed, I did learn, like most of the rest of the world today, to simply reply. And I learned to occasionally establish context with paraphrasing, and the occasional quote, when needed. Wholesale hand duplication of someone's letter to me, while replying to them inline, or at the bottom, would have been ridiculous. For many hundreds of years, all over the world, readers had good enough short term memory that merely receiving a reply was sufficient for effective communication, even among multiple parties.

In effect, for most of human history, most of the world historically top posts.

What has encouraged bottom posting and in-line response, is the perverted email client automatic quoting feature, when replying; not that bottom posting is any more or less, sensible than top posting.

Chris Murphy