Proposed F19 Feature: Cinnamon as Default Desktop

Lennart Poettering mzerqung at 0pointer.de
Tue Jan 29 19:21:40 UTC 2013

On Tue, 29.01.13 04:13, Dan Mashal (dan.mashal at gmail.com) wrote:

> There could be different "flavors" of Gnome. Now I know that we are both
> biased here, however what it really feels like here is REDHAT
> employees want Gnome 3 and they are giving a bunch of bullshit excuses on

You know, Red Hat engineers are community members, too. Much like in the
broader community there are RH engineers who are pro-GNOME and others
who are anti-GNOME, or some who are pro-systemd and others who are
anti-systemd. And these engineers tend to express their views pretty
freely on a mailing list like this too.

Hence it's not fair to assume RH as a single entity was trying to
influence more here than others, and it's not fair to imply that not
allowing RH folks to say their opinion would provide a fairer,
closer-to-the-truth picture of opinions on GNOME either.

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.