Proposed F19 Feature: Trusted Network Connect (TNC)

Avesh Agarwal avagarwa at redhat.com
Tue Jan 29 20:36:50 UTC 2013

On 01/29/2013 03:16 PM, Avesh Agarwal wrote:
>>> There is no such plan with this feature as right now the focus is to
>>> get the functionality right, but this is something that may be done
>>> in future fedora releases.
>> Given that NM is the networking stack by default, and the traditional
>> network scripts have no support for wpa_supplicant... how is this
>> supposed
>> to work out of the box, then?
>>
>> Bill
> Right now it is done using wpa_supplicant provided cli.

Just to clarify a little bit further, wpa_supplicant provided cli takes
care of authentication and tnc's end point assessment. Once it is done,
NM or network scripts takes care of setting up networking as usual. I
have not checked if the current support of wpa_supplicant in NM is
enough for this.

--
Thanks
Avesh