Proposed F19 Feature: Cinnamon as Default Desktop

Eric Smith eric at brouhaha.com
Tue Jan 29 21:59:35 UTC 2013

On 01/28/2013 08:47 AM, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> I think switching the desktop that has been our default for over 10
> years and 18 releases requires just a bit more research and reason
> than that. ~m

I don't disagree with the "more research and reason" part, but the
current default desktop has only been "our default" for four releases,
F15 through F18.  I don't recall any serious "research and reason"
having been involved in the switch that occurred when F15 was being
developed.  As far as I can tell, it was just thrust upon us without
much consideration as to whether it was good, bad, or indifferent.  My
proposal is at least only that, a proposal, and is not being thrust upon
anyone without discussion and ultimately a vote.

Eric