Proposed F19 Feature: Dracut HostOnly

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Tue Jan 29 23:22:00 UTC 2013

On Tue, 29 Jan 2013 16:32:12 +0000
Matthew Garrett <mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 09:53:32AM -0600, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> > as legal has said we cannot pregenerate initramfses i think this
> > should be a non-starter.
>
> We already ship several pre-generated initramfses.

that are built at kernel build time? the issue with building it at
build time was making sure we knew exactly what sourcs we needed to
ship to match all the binaries in the initramfs. the initramfs's we
build and ship as part of teh install tree we know exactly what sources
because they match what is in the release tree rather than what was in
the buildroot at build time.

Dennis