grub linuxefi initrdefi

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Wed Jan 30 03:15:07 UTC 2013

On Jan 29, 2013, at 6:15 PM, Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:

> I don't know, but I'm not sure how you have a UEFI install reading the
> grub.cfg in /boot/grub2?

*sigh* Yet Another Happy Day in UEFI and GRUB Land.

The Fedora prebaked grubx64.efi doesn't include all GRUB modules (e.g. lvm, xnu) and it isn't looking for standalone GRUB modules in the location that grub2-install can install them into. And anaconda doesn't call grub2-install on UEFI computers.

So I ran 'grub2-install' by itself (i.e. no flags at all), which creates a grubx.64.efi in /EFI/fedora that looks for GRUB modules in /boot/grub2/x86_64-efi, and also installs the modules in that folder. And it looks in /boot/grub2 for grub.cfg.

Chris Murphy