Proposed F19 Feature: Developers Assistant

Aleksandar Kurtakov akurtako at redhat.com
Wed Jan 30 09:07:25 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----

Hi,
Eclipse is one step ahead on this already. FYI http://rgrunber.fedorapeople.org/eclipse_packagekit_2.ogv and http://rgrunber.fedorapeople.org/eclipse_packagekit_2.ogv .
Having IDE users as a post-thought never works - either one tool is thought with both kind console and ide users from the beginning or it will stay console or ide only. Simply wrapping console calls with some UI doesn't work because you need to make the tool work in a familiar way for the group you target.
I would be happy to join such conversations so please either add me to any mails flowing on the topic or tell me if there is some mailing list to join.

Alexander Kurtakov
Red Hat Eclipse team