Proposed F19 Feature: New firstboot

John.Florian at dart.biz John.Florian at dart.biz
Wed Jan 30 13:37:27 UTC 2013

> From: Stephen Gallagher <sgallagh at redhat.com>

> That said, the current firstboot allows you to just walk through and
> skip user creation, last I checked. So I'm not sure why you need to
> cancel it. If you just don't enter anything in the username and
> password fields, it doesn't stop you.

Exactly right, and that's all I'm asking for out of the new firstboot --
preferably with a keystroke or click from the initial firstboot dialog.

I just want to avoid what happened for a few old Fedora releases (10-13
ish) where you were not allowed to skip user creation/joining a domain
short of having to go out out of your way by booting into a non-default
run-level, removing firstboot, etc.

--
John Florian