Proposed F19 Feature: New firstboot

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jan 30 15:02:42 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 08:01:38AM -0500, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
> In what situation would you ever have a system that requires neither
> users nor root access? Or are you saying that root access would be via
> SSH keys? I think it's probably a valid feature request to be able to

Root access via SSH key is one case, yeah. The other is with cloud-init,
where the user is created automatically at boot time using information from
the metadata source.

Either of these can be covered with a kickstart directive.

For the cloud images, and anywhere else where size matters, I'd also like to
avoid pulling in a big one-time-setup infrastructure which won't be used, so
hopefully the dependency integration won't be so tight that the package
itself can't be avoided.