Proposed F19 Feature: High Availability Container Resources

Andrew Beekhof andrew at beekhof.net
Thu Jan 31 06:30:25 UTC 2013

On 29/01/2013, at 7:46 AM, David Vossel <dvossel at redhat.com> wrote:

> [...]

Just to explicitly call this out, we will be supporting two use-cases:
- whitebox, where a remote agent is installed on the guest (or non-clustered machine)
- blackbox, where there is _nothing_ installed on the guest (or non-clustered machine)

For the blackbox case you are obviously limiting yourself to testing externally exposed APIs to determine status and not being able to start/stop the services directly.
We are adding support for nagios scripts which seem popular for this task.

-- Andrew