Proposed F19 Feature: Trusted Network Connect (TNC)

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Thu Jan 31 16:10:59 UTC 2013

> Avesh Agarwal (avagarwa at redhat.com) said:
> > >Right now it is done using wpa_supplicant provided cli.
> >
> > Just to clarify a little bit further, wpa_supplicant provided cli
> > takes care of authentication and tnc's end point assessment. Once it
> > is done, NM or network scripts takes care of setting up networking
> > as usual. I have not checked if the current support of
> > wpa_supplicant in NM is enough for this.
>
> My concern is with it being something that has to be massaged on the
> commandline by hand. I'm not sure it should be presented as a 'Feature'
> to the users if it's not integrated into how the system normally works.

Obviously wpa_supplicant support is a prereq for NM support.  So as long
as the options for TNC aren't awful and are fairly flexibly architected
(eg, *unlike* supplicant smartcard support) then we can support it in NM
as well fairly easily.

Avesh, what is the command sequence used with wpa_cli for TNC stuff?

Dan