How noarch FFI wrapper package can dependes on .so file

T.C. Hollingsworth tchollingsworth at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 10:29:38 UTC 2013

On Jul 1, 2013 2:43 AM, "Vít Ondruch" <vondruch at redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I recently did review or rubygem-gssapi [1], which is FFI wrapper above
libgssapi_krb5.so.2.

> Now, we'd like to specify dependency directly on this library, but since
rubygem-gssapi is noarch, it seems there is no way how to specify this
dependency better then "Requires: krb5-libs", unless the rubygem-gssapi
would be arch dependent. Or is there any better way? Any suggestion?

I ended up doing the arch-dependent thing for python-webm (which wraps
libwebp with ctypes) because there didn't seem to be a better solution.

It hardcodes the .so file though, so it _really_ needed a soname-based
dependency; a simple "Requires: libwebp" wouldn't have been good enough.

I'd too would like to know if there's a better way... :-/

-T.C.