More unhelpful update descriptions

Michael Catanzaro mike.catanzaro at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 19:01:29 UTC 2013

On Mon, 2013-07-01 at 11:25 -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:

> You appear to be missing the contention made by me and others that
> the
> update description is not and should not be a simple repetition of
> any
> other content. It is not the RPM changelog. It is not the git commit
> log. It is not the upstream changelog.
And as far as the tooling is concerned... this is the matter of writing
just one extra sentence, so even if we did have awesome technology to
write the update description for you from the RPM changelog, and even if
it was considered acceptable to present that to users, it's not like
that would save a ton of time and effort.

I absolutely think there should be at least some minimal level of
quality to what we present to users in the default graphical update
interface....