More unhelpful update descriptions

Johannes Lips johannes.lips at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 19:43:36 UTC 2013

Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> Since this topic comes up every few months, and no one's pointed
> out the obvious answer yet, I'll say it:
>
> * Instead of making up more rules, make the tooling better so
> we don't have to repeat update descriptions in multiple places. *
Wouldn't it make sense to perhaps apply different rules or policies for
different types of packages? I mean we could focus on those applications
a regular user sees, like all the Office, Internet and Multimedia apps.
And make the rules for libs and all that stuff, normally only devs are
interested in, less strict.
So we always write update comments with the respective target audience,
making them less technical for all the userspace applications and so on.
On the other hand, bodhi probably can't distinguish between those two
types of packages, or?

Johanens