More unhelpful update descriptions

Björn Persson bjorn at xn--rombobjrn-67a.se
Mon Jul 1 21:41:48 UTC 2013

Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> As I think I said pretty clearly, there are two streams of
> documentation: the detailed changelogs and the release notes (which
> summarise changes in a human-readable form for a whole release).
>
> These should already exist, upstream.
>
> No need for them to be duplicated, *if* we had better tooling.

Perhaps you would like to write an RFC specifying the Source Code,
Changelogs and Release Notes Publishing Protocol and submit it to the
IETF, so that there will be a sane way to automatically find and parse
those changelogs and release notes? Or do you expect Bodhi to magically
find and understand upstream release notes in a gazillion random
locations and an unbounded number of formats? Or what exactly do you
want the "better tooling" to do?

Björn Persson