More unhelpful update descriptions

Pierre-Yves Luyten py at luyten.fr
Mon Jul 1 21:52:28 UTC 2013

Le lundi 01 juillet 2013 à 14:01 -0500, Michael Catanzaro a écrit :
> On Mon, 2013-07-01 at 11:25 -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
> >
> > You appear to be missing the contention made by me and others that
> > the
> > update description is not and should not be a simple repetition of
> > any
> > other content. It is not the RPM changelog. It is not the git commit
> > log. It is not the upstream changelog.
> And as far as the tooling is concerned... this is the matter of writing
> just one extra sentence, so even if we did have awesome technology to
> write the update description for you from the RPM changelog, and even if
> it was considered acceptable to present that to users, it's not like
> that would save a ton of time and effort.

Not sure if it makes any sense but maybe could we have something like
"freeze tag changes until desc is better".

I propose this because testers will not _really_ want to -1 karma, and
as a maintainer it might be a bit hard, but with a good reminder like
"not pushed to stable until desc is better" I would have made less
mistakes

yes not being reminded is not an excuse and such proposal would not save
time, still I believe it could help more than hurt

Pierre-Yves