find-lang.sh search path

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 07:02:55 UTC 2013

On Mon, 01 Jul 2013 23:28:00 +0200, Antonio Trande wrote:

> >> "pl" is the file name without extension (pl.qm). In .spec file:
> >>
> >> ... %find_lang pl --with-qt %find_lang ru --with-qt ...
> >>
> >> Are they correct ?
> >
> > No.
> >
> > Multiple invocations of %find_lang is a consecutive fault after
> > installing the locale files wrongly. You would run %find_lang once
> > only and give it the common name of the files to search for. Most
> > often that is the package %{name}:
> >
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Guidelines#Handling_Locale_Files
>
> Indeed,
> >
> but in this case locale files are not named %{name} and I
> don't know why language files (pl.qm and ru.qm) are not found. :)
> Also indicating just one file, I obtain ever same error.

Then let's not hack the paths, but find out why %find_lang doesn't
find the files. If %name is not part of the filenames, normally you
would need to add option --all-name, but there's a bug in RPM which
I've reopened: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/729336

--
Fedora release 19 (Schrödinger’s Cat) - Linux 3.9.8-300.fc19.x86_64
loadavg: 0.31 0.89 0.57