Fedora 19 status is ALIVE, GA on July 02, 2013

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Jul 2 17:23:32 UTC 2013

On 2013-07-01 6:47, Matthias Clasen wrote:
>> > We are currently pretty unsetup for any kind of point releases.
>>
>> I think this is an interesting longer-term idea to consider,
>> especially once
>> we have the idea of batching non-critical updates in place. That batch
>> makes
>> a pretty good starting place for point releases.
>

> We already have a pretty decent tool for tracking what goes into the GA
> release:
> https://qa.fedoraproject.org/blockerbugs/milestone/19/final/buglist
>
> I have been thinking recently that it is a pity to just turn this off
> once the GA comes, and let updates flow in unchecked. The tool could
> easily be used to control what goes into a batched, qa-ed f19.1 update.

I am still wondering where the QA resources to do this are going to
magically spring from. Right now we have to deal with post-19 release
emergencies, test updates for 17, 18 and 19, and work on rather a lot of
improvements for the F20 cycle: we are trying to write Taskbot, we need
to revise the Final release criteria, update the entire validation test
case set, look over the Fedora 20 Change set to plan testing for
significant Changes, plan the F20 Test Day cycle, and then we go right
into F20 Alpha testing. Frankly, we are unlikely to achieve all of the
above, never mind somehow finding time to 'curate' an F19.1 release.
Grand plans are all very well, but they need to be based on a realistic
assessment of available resources.

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey