Announcing the release of Fedora 19 for ARM!

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 21:23:40 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 9:20 PM, Matthew Garrett <mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 02, 2013 at 10:16:45PM +0200, Kalev Lember wrote:
>> 2013-07-02 22:00, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
>> > I has them, they may not all work.
>>
>> In particular, the GNOME image is missing. I would not say it has all
>> the features of the primary architectures when it doesn't include the
>> Fedora default desktop.
>
> Right. I don't want to sound like I'm unimpressed by the ARM work in F19
> - it's been a fantastic amount of effort from all involved and it's
> shaping up nicely. But it's not at feature parity with the primary
> architectures yet, and I don't think we should be implying otherwise.

I don't disagree, it should probably read "Fedora ARM has the vast
majority the features of the primary architectures" and it does have
most of the features... the level of testing is vastly less and we're
still fixing things but then mainline isn't perfect and doesn't meet
all it's promises either if you want to start splitting hairs.