Who uses abi-compliance-checker?

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 20:03:53 UTC 2013

I initially got abi-compliance-checker into Fedora because one of my
packages does not maintain any sort of API/ABI compatibility or even
versioning for that matter. That way I could always check a new release to
see if any of its dependencies needed to be rebuilt.

Since then, I've started using it for all of my libraries in the spirit of
"Trust but verify", and I've occasionally found issues even though upstream
didn't bump the soversion.

So out of curiosity, anyone else using this great tool?

If anyone is curious about it, I don't mind typing up the process I go
through to make the checks. I think I've found a pretty good path of least
resistance method :)

Thanks,
Richard