F20 Self Contained Change: Ryu Network Operating System

Matthias Runge mrunge at matthias-runge.de
Mon Jul 8 09:28:27 UTC 2013

On 08/07/13 10:41, Jaroslav Reznik wrote:
> = Proposed Self Contained Change: Ryu Network Operating System =
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Ryu
>
> Change owner(s): yamahata <yamahata at private email ne jp>
>
> Ryu Network Operating System [1]
>
> This change was originally proposed for Fedora 19 but postponed to Fedora 20
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Ryu
>
> == Detailed description ==
> Ryu is an Operating System for Software Defined Networking.
>
> Ryu aims to provide a logically centralized control and well defined API that
> make it easy for operators to create new network management and control
> applications. Currently, Ryu manages network devices by using OpenFlow. You
> can say that Ryu is an OpenFlow Controller.
>
> For Software Defined Networking or OpenFlow, please refer to Open Networking
> Foundation [2]

Sadly, the page still doesn't list, what is going to happen. I assume,
the whole thing is slightly more than just adding a new package to Fedora.

Since the feature page refers to ryu as an operating system: how does it
compare to the kernel or Fedora itself? I assume this is just
accidental, because even ryu's home page describes itself as software
defined networking framework.

The Feature page still belongs to the FeaturePageIncomplete category.
--
Matthias Runge <mrunge at matthias-runge.de>