Should Boost even be Feature/Change? [Was: F20 Self Contained Change: Ryu Network Operating System]

Petr Machata pmachata at redhat.com
Mon Jul 8 14:59:40 UTC 2013

Dan Mashal <dan.mashal at gmail.com> writes:

>     > The Feature page still belongs to the FeaturePageIncomplete category.
>
> I feel a somewhat similar way about boost and it would be nice if
> there was some more detailed descriptions here.

Frankly, my biannual filing of Feature/Change page is mostly
cargo-culting.  It's just rebase, really, even though there are 250
dependers.  I like how the Change process forces me to think and argue
through some implicit assumptions, but I've been doing this for some
time now, and more or less know the drill.  In the end we simply need to
patch our way out of any build failures, one way or another.

So if the consensus is that Boost rebases don't need this sort of
paperwork, I'll simply not do it the next time around.

Thanks,
PM