F20 System Wide Change: ARM as primary Architecture

Matthew Garrett mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org
Tue Jul 9 17:50:07 UTC 2013

llvmpipe has been known to be broken for months, and nobody on the ARM
team appears capable of fixing it. As a result, ARM shipped in F19
without any out of the box support for running our default desktop.

This doesn't make it seem like the ARM port currently has sufficient
developer expertise involved, and I'd really like to hear what the plans
are for (a) fixing the existing problems, and (b) ensuring that we don't
end up in a situation where other architectures are held up because
there's nobody who can fix ARM-specific bugs.

Matthew Garrett | mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org