F20 System Wide Change: ARM as primary Architecture

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Jul 10 04:28:16 UTC 2013

On 2013-07-09 17:36, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Adam Williamson (awilliam at redhat.com) said:
>> I've had an entry on my todo list _forever_ to complete the
>> 'deliverables SOP' I started several releases ago:
>>
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Adamwill/Draft_releng_SOP_deliverables
>>
>> (I don't really like the current layout, I was planning on revising
>> it)
>>
>> The addition of a new arch with quite a pile of 'supported images'
>> would certainly raise the priority of having such a thing. (We're
>> already hitting a problem with our *current* primary arches in this
>> area, though, in that the status of the multi-live, multi-arch and
>> cloud/appliance images is rather unclear).
>
> Plus, in relation to this - the llvmpipe issue brings up that one of
> the 'release blocking desktops' *does not work*. This would, by
> definition,
> block the release unless we intend to have different criteria for ARM
> as a
> primary arch.
>
> Outside of that, how might we expect release criteria to change for
> ARM,
> given the different deliverables that are planned?

I've looked at that several times, and I don't really think the criteria
need to change much at all. The way they're currently worded covers ARM
pretty well, I think. We revised them quite extensively for F19 and I
tried to keep ARM in mind in the wording used there.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey