Moving xine-lib and dependent apps to RPM Fusion Free for F17?

Xavier Bachelot xavier at bachelot.org
Wed Jul 10 10:34:15 UTC 2013

On 07/10/2013 11:57 AM, Michael J Gruber wrote:
> Xavier Bachelot venit, vidit, dixit 10.07.2013 10:58:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On 01/05/2012 08:56 PM, Kevin Kofler wrote:
>>> The following packages currently depend on xine-lib:
>>> * gxine
>>> * (k9copy – already in RPM Fusion, not affected)
>>> * kaffeine (my package, the reason why I maintain xine-lib in the first place)
>>> * oxine
>>> * xine-plugin
>>> * xine-ui
>>> These packages would have to move to RPM Fusion along with xine-lib.
>>
>> Fwiw, I've rebuilt all the above packages (but k9copy, not tested yet)
>> against the xine-lib 1.2.3 rpm I prepared and all the builds succeeded.
>> No runtime tests yet.
>>
>> Would all the impacted maintainers be ok to move their package to RPM
>> Fusion, alongside with xine-lib 1.2 ?
>
> Yes, more than happy.
great.

> I assume that packages such as xine-ui would be
> subsumed in other packages then?
I'm not sure to understand what you mean here, but each package would be
retired from Fedora and a corresponding package be created in RPM
Fusion. The RPM Fusion maintainer can be the same person as the former
Fedora maintainer, as a sponsored Fedora packager is entitled to be an
RPM Fusion packager automatically. Indeed, if the Fedora packager
doesn't want to keep maintaining his package in RPM Fusion, another
maintainer will have to be found or else the package would have to
unfortunately be retired, if no one steps up.

> I'd pass over maintainership to the
> corresponding superpackage maintainer then.
>
> Michael

Regards,
Xavier