F20 System Wide Change: ARM as primary Architecture

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 11:45:53 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 6:02 AM, Jaroslav Reznik <jreznik at redhat.com> wrote:
> [...]

Is LXDE considered a release blocking desktop?  I honestly don't know.
 I also don't think it matters whether LXDE or FVMW2 or Gnome is the
default desktop on ARM.  The criteria should probably be that it ships
with a desktop that is considered release blocking.  If LXDE isn't
one, then perhaps it should be made so.  The goal here shouldn't be
"we have a desktop".  It should be "we have a desktop experience that
is the same on all primary architectures".  To that end, whichever
desktop is picked should be release blocking and it should function
the same on all primary architectures.

> For build times, Dennis has numbers prepared, we decided to let it out of
> the proposal and send it for discussion.

There was significant concern on this during the first time this came
up for discussion.  I think the proposal should at least include a
link to the overall build time improvements.  Clearly there has been
improvement, so make the proposal show that.

josh