F20 System Wide Change: ARM as primary Architecture

Björn Persson bjorn at xn--rombobjrn-67a.se
Wed Jul 10 16:14:24 UTC 2013

Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> I was working on adding 2 more SOC's for packagers earlier this week.
>
> I wanted to see how much call there was for these... should I try and
> make them accessable by all packagers? Or just have a group and
> interested people could be added to that group?

I for one would like to have access to some ARM systems for trying
things out. At least one for each arch that's a candidate to become
primary would be nice.

Initially I want to see the results of some uname and RPM commands to
make sure that I get things right in fedora-gnat-project-common.

In the future I hope to be able to test my Ada packages on ARM, but
that can't happen until somebody bootstraps GNAT on ARM. If I should
happen to come across a bucket of round tuits I might even try to
bootstrap GNAT myself, although I think it would be better done by
someone who knows more about GCC and ARM than I do.

Björn Persson